The candidate that is hired for this part-time position will be required to teach at our local campuse in Kapolei, HI. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
Today’s highly competitive job market means an education that prepares students for work is more important than ever. University of Phoenix School of Business offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that prepare students to be creative problem solvers for the new economy. Covering a wide range of business disciplines — marketing, human resources, finance, entrepreneurship, project management and more -- our curricula is designed to offer academic quality and professional relevance, while also addressing needs within U.S. businesses. Our coursework helps students develop skills important to job success, such as idea development, analytical thinking, planning and effective communication. School of Business degree programs are taught by practitioner faculty who average 23 years of business experience and includes chief executive officers, chief financial officers and company presidents.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click link below to see course description.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Masters or higher in Accounting or Accounting related field AND 3 or more years of professional experience in Accounting or Accounting related field AND currency.
(2) Masters or higher in Business AND 15 graduate semester credits in Accounting or Accounting related field AND 3 or more years of professional experience in Accounting or an Accounting related field AND Currency.
(3) Masters or higher in any area AND 18 graduate semester credits in Accounting or Accounting related field AND 3 or more years of professional experience in Accounting or Accounting related field AND currency.
(4) Masters or higher in any area AND current professional certification as a (1) Certified Financial Manager (CFM), OR (2) Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), OR (3) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), OR (4) Certified Management Accountant (CMA), OR (5) Certified Public Accountant (CPA), OR (6) Australian Chartered Accountant (CA), OR (7) Canadian Certified General Accountant (CGA), OR (8) a Canadian Chartered Accountant (CA) AND 3 or more years of professional experience in Accounting or Accounting related field AND currency.
(5) Masters or higher in any area AND 5 or more years of professional experience in Accounting or Accounting related field AND currency.
(6) Masters or higher in any area AND 3 years of teaching experience in Accounting or Accounting related field AND 15 graduate semester credits in Accounting or related field AND meaningful research/scholarship in Accounting. Teaching at UOPX in the related field can count towards the teaching experience requirement.
(7) Faculty that qualify for the Accounting Graduate content area also qualify for the Accounting Undergraduate content area.
Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Currency: 2 years of relevant professional experience within the last 5 years when using work experience (including teaching) to qualify. Professional work experience AND/OR college-level teaching experience directly related to the content area can be used to meet the currency requirement.
Consultancy/Home-based Businesses: If candidates’ experience primarily comes from consultancy or a home based business, additional information may be requested for verification; otherwise, consulting and/or home-based businesses may only be used towards the currency requirement when using work experience to qualify.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.