The candidate that is hired for this part-time position will be required to teach at our local campus in Visalia, CA. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
The School of Health Services Administration provides students, who are enthusiastic about a career in the expanding health care industry, with the knowledge, critical skills and guidance necessary to achieve their professional and personal goals. In fact, more than 65,000 graduates chose to pursue their health administration degrees here because of the high-quality education we provide. Our curriculum is regularly updated to reflect current practices and to align with industry standards, such as ACHE, AUPHA, HIMSS and NHA. At University of Phoenix School of Health Services Administration we believe a better health care education leads to better health care.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click links below to see course descriptions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Master’s degree or higher in Healthcare Administration, Informatics, or Information Technology and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, implementation, and oversight of electronic health records within the last 7 years.
(2) Master’s degree or higher and 18 graduate credits in Healthcare Administration , Informatics, and/or Information Technology and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, implementation, and oversight of electronic health records within the last 7 years.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.