The candidate that is hired for this part-time position will be required to teach at our local campus in Gardena, CA. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
For more than 30 years, University of Phoenix has been a leader and innovator in nursing education, helping working nurses pursue their professional and personal goals while improving health care delivery and patient outcomes. In fact, more than 46,000 School of Nursing graduates chose to pursue their degrees here because of the high-quality education we provide. Our curriculum is regularly updated to reflect current practices and to meet accreditation, certification and state requirements. We’re committed to helping nurses become more essential – to their patients, to the health care industry, and to the community.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click links below to see course descriptions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Doctorate of Nursing Science, Doctor of Nursing Practice, or a PhD in Nursing.
(2) Doctorate degree in any area and a Master’s degree in Nursing.
Doctoral Clarification: All Faculty must have a minimum of 6 applicable credits and all faculty must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a minimum of 1 years’ current applicable experience.
(1) Master's degree in Nursing.
Master's Clarification: All Faculty must have a minimum of 6 applicable credits and all faculty must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a minimum of 2 years’ current applicable experience.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.