The candidate that is hired for this position will be required to teach at our local campus in Dallas, TX. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
University of Phoenix College of Information Systems and Technology offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that provide students with the skills needed to tackle the demand of the fast-paced technology industry. The College of IS&T also offers a variety of industry aligned certificates to help students prepare for over 40 key industry certifications, from companies like Microsoft®, Cisco®, Oracle® and CompTIA®. The college’s interactive curriculum gives students virtual access to tools used by IT professionals and to training materials that further prepare them for industry certification.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click links below to see course descriptions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Master's degree or higher in the discipline of Information Technology and 1 or more certifications marked as Required below and at least 5 years professional experience (See CLARIFICATION 1) and currency within the last 3 years.
(2) Master's degree or higher in any area plus 18 grad credits in related discipline and 1 or more certifications marked as Required below and at least 5 years professional experience (See CLARIFICATION 1) and currency within the last 3 years.
(3) Master's or higher in any area and either a Full CISCO CCNA Certification or 2 or more certifications marked as Required below and at least 5 years professional experience (See CLARIFICATION 1) and currency within the last 3 years.
Master's clarification 1: Experience must be directly within Information Technology or directly related field with
responsibility for Enterprise networks, Network Administration, Network Operations or IT staff as a PRIMARY job
function in addition to all experiences listed within the Required Experience section below.
• Professionally managed the development or implementation of a local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN).
• Experience in the installation or administration of a Cisco Network.
• Experience in the installation or administration of Windows Networking, UNIX Network.
• Cisco CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician)/CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) ICND1 100-101
• Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
• CIW Network Technology Associate
• CompTIA Network + Foundation Topics
• CWNP CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) CWNA-106
• Amazon Web Services Certification
• Cisco CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate) 640-864
Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Professional work experience must be within IT and apply directly to the Content Area.
2 years of experience teaching IT courses at a higher education level or significant experience to the development of post-secondary IT curriculum in the position of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Instructional Designer can be applied toward the 5 year experience requirement.
Consultancy/Home-based Businesses: If candidates experience primarily comes from consultancy or a home-based business, additional information may be requested for verification; otherwise, consulting and/or home-based
businesses may only be used towards the currency requirement when using work experience to qualify.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.