The candidate that is hired for this position will be required to teach at our local campus in Las Vegas, NV. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
University of Phoenix College of Security and Criminal Justice offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs that provide the skills needed to develop the next generation of leaders in security and criminal justice. Students are supported by faculty members who are experts and leaders in their fields. The College’s Faculty Advisory Council reviews trends and helps keep curriculum on pace with national and international market demands.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click links below to see course descriptions.
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above. Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
Work is generally performed in a classroom environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to sit or stand throughout a 4-hour class period. Must be able to use a telephone and be able to perform work at a computer terminal. While performing the duties of this job, incumbent is regularly required to move throughout the classroom and/or campus, communicate with others, and detect or exchange information or ideas. The incumbent may be required to perform functions which require the manual operation of general office productivity equipment. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Master's degree or higher in Criminal Justice (or related) and 2 years of supervisory/administrative level experience in a criminal justice organization (law enforcement, criminal courts, or institutional/community corrections) with criminal justice policy development and implementation.
(2) Master's degree or higher in any field and 18 hours of graduate criminal justice or related credits and 2 years
of supervisory/administrative level experience in a criminal justice organization (law enforcement, criminal courts, or institutional/community corrections) with criminal justice policy development and implementation.
(3) Master's degree or higher in any field with 10 years of executive/senior management-level experience (process or personnel) in a criminal justice organization (law enforcement, criminal courts, or institutional/community corrections) with criminal justice policy development and implementation.
Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Relevant experience within the last 5 years is required in all cases.
Private practice (attorney, consultant, private investigator, etc.) experience may only be used towards the
currency requirement. To be applicable, detailed information must be provided.