The candidate that is hired for this part-time position will be required to teach at our local campus in Murrieta, CA. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to teach at this specific campus location should apply.
Did you know you could teach for our university without leaving your current job? At University of Phoenix, our flexible class schedules mean you can teach for us part-time without interrupting your full-time career. That’s because we want faculty members who are active in their fields and bring real-world experience to the classroom.
University of Phoenix College of Information Systems and Technology offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that provide students with the skills needed to tackle the demand of the fast-paced technology industry. The College of IS&T also offers a variety of industry aligned certificates to help students prepare for over 40 key industry certifications, from companies like Microsoft®, Cisco®, Oracle® and CompTIA®. The college’s interactive curriculum gives students virtual access to tools used by IT professionals and to training materials that further prepare them for industry certification.
1. As a faculty member you’ll be challenged with adding your professional expertise to instruct a curriculum which is centrally developed with specific learning objectives.
2. Provide timely and detailed feedback on a weekly basis and offer student support via classroom, phone, and email.
3. Utilize classroom learning system technology (provided by university), the Internet, and Microsoft Office software.
4. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Please click link below to see course description.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
MUST meet one of the numbered pathways below, as well as any applicable clarifications stated, (including education, area of study and previous work experience, including minimum number of years and types of experience):
(1) Master's degree or higher in the discipline of Computer Science and ALL experience specified in the Required Experience section below and a minimum of 5 years professional verifiable work experience in IT with currency within the last 3 years.
(2) Master's degree or higher plus 18 graduate credits in related discipline of Information Systems and/or Computer Systems and ALL experience specified in the Required Experience section below and a minimum of 5 years professional verifiable work experience in IT with currency within the last 3 years.
(3) Master's level degree or higher and ALL experience specified in the Required Experience section below and a minimum of 5 years professional verifiable work experience in IT with currency within the last 3 years and 5 years professional experience in/or related to Computer Science in a position of manager level or above and 2 years of experience teaching IT courses at a higher education level.
Professionally managed the installation or administration of Windows Networking or UNIX.
Experience in both a mainframe/host-centric and personal computer information technology environments.
Hands-on experience associated with several computer operating systems.
Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution.